Biltmore Cardiology - Camelback
2777 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 952-0002
Fax: (602) 224-9119
Biltmore Cardiology at Arizona Heart
1910 E. Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 266-2200
Biltmore Cardiology at Arrowhead Campus
18700 N 64th Drive
Glendale, AZ 85308
Tel: (602) 707-3518
Fax: (623) 455-5087
Akram Ibrahim, MD, FACC, RPVI, FSCAI
Interventional/Endovascular Cardiologist and Structural Heart Disease Specialist
Medical School: American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Residency: Emory University School of Medicine. Atlanta Georgia
Chief Residency: Emory University School of Medicine. Atlanta Georgia.
Fellowship: General Cardiology Emory University School of Medicine. Atlanta Georgia
Fellowship: Interventional Cardiology. Emory University School of Medicine. Atlanta Georgia
Fellowship: Advanced Structural and Valvular Heart Disease. Banner University/University of Arizona School of Medicine. Phoenix Arizona.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine: General Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Interventional Cardiology
- National Board of Echocardiography- Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (CT) CBCCT
ABOUT THE PROVIDER
Dr. Ibrahim will be joining Biltmore Cardiology in July 2022. Originally from Beirut, Lebanon, Dr. Ibrahim received his Medical Degree from American University of Beirut in 2007 with distinction. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where he completed his Internal Medicine Residency and was Chief Medical Resident at Emory University in 2012. Dr. Ibrahim remained at Emory for his Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship, graduating in 2015 and his Interventional Cardiology Fellowship, graduating in 2016. In 2015, Dr. Ibrahim was awarded the prestigious Outstanding Fellow Award., and has received multiple awards of distinction in teaching. After practicing for 5 years in Columbus, Georgia specializing in complex coronary interventional procedures, and endovascular procedures, he proceeded to complete an advanced fellowship in structural heart disease specializing in valve replacements and repair using trans-catheter therapies at Banner/University of Arizona School of medicine in Phoenix. This includes procedures such as Trans-catheter Aortic or Mitral valve replacement (TAVR, TMVR), Trans-catheter Mitral Valve Edge-to-Edge Repair such as MitraClip, and left atrial appendage occlusion such as Watchman or Amulet Devices. He also specializes in PFO/ASD closure.
Dr. Ibrahim brings a wealth of knowledge to Biltmore Cardiology and is up to date on the latest technology and procedures in the fields of trans-catheter valve replacement and repair along with coronary and vascular interventions. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology. He is also a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation.
Dr. Ibrahim’s goal is to provide the outstanding quality of care to his patients, and tailor the treatment approach to each patient’s medical condition. His broad range of training spanning the coronary, peripheral and structural specialties along with years of experience allows him to provide excellent care to patients.
- Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary stenting/angioplasty
- Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair including valvuloplasty and Edge-to-Edge Repair (MitraClip) and mitral valve replacement
- Endovascular revascularization including peripheral lower extremity angioplasty and revascularization.
- PFO/ASD defect Closure
- Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion with Watchman or Amulet devices
- Complex and high risk percutaneous coronary interventions
- Mechanical circulatory support